Focus and Scope
- Competitiveness of destinations, products, and Tourism businesses
- Diversification of tourism products
- Incentive system of business and investment in tourism
- Information, promotion, and communication in tourism
- Tourism supporting infrastructure
- Security and convenience in tourism
- Tourism policy
- Unique tourism community life (living culture)
- Local knowledge, traditions, and cultural diversity
- Diversity and attractions in Ecotourism
- Diversity of natural attractions in ecotourism
- Pluralistic diversity of ecotourism society
- Diversity of ecotourism activities
- The hospitality of the local resident
- The quality of tourism services
- Quality of HR in tourism (Standard, accreditation, and competence certification)
- The market share of tourism and integrated marketing system
- Package of tourism attraction
- Development of tourism regions
- Community-based Ecotourism
Peer Review Process
Publication of articles by JITODE is dependent primarily on their validity and coherence, as judged by peer reviewers, who are also asked whether the writing is comprehensible and how interesting they consider the article to be. All submitted manuscripts are read by the editorial staff and only those articles that seem most likely to meet our editorial criteria are sent for formal review. All forms of published correction may also be peer-reviewed at the discretion of the editors. Reviewer selection is critical to the publication process, and we base our choice on many factors, including expertise, reputation, and specific recommendations. The editors then make a decision based on the reviewers' advice, from among several possibilities:
- Accepted, with or without editorial revisions
- Invite the authors to revise their manuscript to address specific concerns before a final decision
- Rejected, but indicate to the authors that further work might justify a resubmission
- Rejected outright, typically on grounds of specialist interest, lack of novelty, insufficient conceptual advance or major technical and/or interpretational problems
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge, meaning:
- Everyone has free and unlimited access to the full text of articles published in JITODE; manuscripts are freely available without subscription or price barriers
- Papers are immediately released in open-access format (no long waiting periods)
JITODE is published 3 (three) times a year (Number 1: January to March; Number 2: April to August; Number 3: September to December). Submissions are open all year-round. Before submitting, please make sure that the manuscript is in the focus and scope of JITODE, written in ENGLISH, and follows our author guidelines and manuscript template. All submitted articles shall be original, have never been published elsewhere, and are not under consideration for other publications.
Policy in the screening for plagiarism
The Journal team will judge any case of plagiarism. If plagiarism is detected before the article is published, we will alert the author(s), asking them to either rewrite the text or quote the exact text and cite the original source.
The galley proof will be scanned for detecting the plagiarism level. The tolerance for the plagiarism level for each article is < 5%. The revision will be required if the level is > 5%. We use the Plagiarism Detector Program subscribed by the Postgraduate School, Universitas Brawijaya.
If plagiarism is detected after publication, the Journal team will conduct an investigation on its own merits. If plagiarism is found, the journal editorial office will contact the authors. Depending on the extent of the plagiarism, the paper may also be formally retracted.
Article Processing Charge (APC)
The article processing charge in the Journal of Indonesian Tourism and Development Studies (JITODE) is payable after the article is accepted for publication. The processing charge for one article is IDR 1,200,000.
Journal of Indonesian Tourism and Development Studies (JITODE) is managed by Postgraduate School, Universitas Brawijaya. JITODE started to publish original research related to the aim and scope of the journal in 2013. The first volume of this journal is in Bahasa Indonesia and English, with a cover identic to white.
Along with the author distribution increasing internationally, English is used on all papers in the second volume. Cover change to be more attractive to the readers.
This journal is about tourism, ecotourism, and regional tourism development. JITODE has collaborated with East Java Ecotourism Forum.