Factors Affecting Visitor Interest to Visit Bhakti Alam as Ecotourism Destination in Pasuruan, East Java
The aim of the study was to identify factors affecting the decision making of the touristsâ€™ interest to visit Bhakti Alam. This study was conducted in Bhakti Alam as one of the ecotourism destination in Tutur, Pasuruan. A set of questionnaire was set up and distributes to 100 visitors in Bhakti Alam on August 2016. In this research, to generate information regarding visitor perception, a series of interview was done. Data was analyzed using multiple linear regression analysis. The research result shows that variables of advertising, public relations, personal marketing, and sale promotion have significant impact on the visiting decision to Bhakti Alam. This condition also supported by determination coefficient value as 0.608. It means that 60.84% variables about visiting decision can be explained by decision-making factors, while the rest of 39.16% explained by another variable that is not being tested. Variables analysed with T test to advertising, public relations, personal marketing, and sale promotion each partially have a significant impact to visiting decision. The multiple linear result analysis showed that between those free variables and visiting decision has a strong connection. Â The resulting distribution of respondents answer by Likert analysis showed that variable which has the biggest impact started from sale promotion followed by public relations, personal selling, and advertising. While visiting decision more determined by representative location factor, followed by representative condition, access road, price and products. Therefore it means that environment aspect must be maintained and improved.Â
Keywords: Advertising, Bhakti Alam Pasuruan, Ecotourism, Personal Marketing, Public Relations, Sale Promotion.
LicenseAuthors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).